Thursday, March 1, 2012

I feel like a new (still chubby) me!

Weighed myself this morning, wet hair and all. ( I say that because if my hair is wet and I haven't lost any weight I can blame it on the POUNDS of water in my hair still.) Any who!. I lost 2 pounds!!!! I'm now at 272. Exciting. I gave up bad sugars last week. Started off as a lent idea,and I'm VERY impressed with myself. 9 days going strong. Now, you have to really know me to understand how HUGE this is! I'm the type of person that HAS to have something sugary after I eat. So breaking that habit started off REALLY hard but I'm getting better and better. I work at a church office and yesterday the who staff went out to lunch at this fancy place. the food was DELISH! Perfect Portions. Then all of a sudden... the question comes out.. "would you folks like some dessert?" AHHH!!!!! YESS!! I DO!!! But I can't. So everyone around me eating cheesecake, and creme brulee, and bread pudding and  Chocolate cake. Me? I just sit there. Just sippin' on my nice cold water.
But you know what? I felt good afterwards. I'm proud of myself.
   Now the weird part happened after work. I get home at about 5:10. I call my hubby thats on his way home too and ask "what time are we leaving to go to church" he responds "5:45" So I have 30 mins. Normally I would've sat my butt on that couch and watched some tv while eating something unhealthy and random. But noooooooooo. What did this new Debbie do? Without skipping a beat, I put my gym clothes on, went to the gym(in the apartment complex), worked out on the elliptical for 15 minutes (which normally I can barley do 5 mins) then come back home take a shower and I'm ready to go by 4:45. INSANE!!! I couldn't believe what I just did!
   I really feel like a changed woman. During work, if I start craving bad foods and sugar I've been going to pintrest and looking at "fitness stuff" and I get so inspired that the cookie I'm craving becomes not even worth it. I really think this is it! I'm going to get skinny Finally!!!
Me at the gym yesterday!

2 comments:

  1. Good job on losing! and go you for resisting desert. I love deserts, it always so hard to say no, so i commend you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great I'm only on day 1 because I'm an emotional eater....so far so food here too! U go girl.

    ReplyDelete