Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I ran what?!

You'll never believe what I did yesterday. Wait... I can't even believe what I did yesterday.
 Tuesday nights I have 2 friends come over and we do Zumba for the Wii. It's a good work out. We'll there we were shaking our tail feathers when one of the girls Wii Mote died. I had no extra batteries. We were kind of bummed. So me and my friend start hinting saying "Well.. maybe we can go to the gym" So what happened? We ended up at the gym. So two of us are on the treadmill and the other on the bike. The one in the bike decided it was getting late so she headed home. So my friend and I stayed on the treadmills. She 's doing a 5k this weekend and is training. I am not. lol but I ran a little with her. Before I knew it, I was almost at a mile! My friend finished and came over a rooted me on. I RAN A MILE IN 19 MINUTES! To a fit skinny girl that's horrible. But for a horizontally gifted girl like me! I was pretty proud of myself! So we went back to my apartment. We're sitting there talking and it got quiet. I pipped up and said "..I kinda want to go run some more" and she said "ME TOO!!!!" So we went. BACK to the gym. Who am I?! We ran another mile and I did it in 16 minutes!! That does look dramatic enough let me try that again..
  SIXTEEN MINUTES!!!!
I'm so proud of myself!
Okay... so there is a "Beach Dash" in October. It's a 5k (3.1 miles) run with obstacles. I have always wanted to run through an obstacle course. I haven't officially said that I'm going to do it. (my mind wont allow me) I'm scared that I wont be able to do it. But I'm going to run more and see if I can do 3 miles total. We'll see.
     But I know one thing for sure..  I'm sooo ready for my skinny "AFTER"  picture.
  

 Debbie OUT!

5 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you. this is truly awesome. way to go!! I hope you do the obstacle course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going to ROCK this Beach Dash come October!

    So proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go...any time spent running is awesome! Here is a link to a friend of mine's blog that did couch to 5k a couple years ago. Thought you might like to read it. http://facingthegiantinme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marica! Having you in the office is defiantly an encouragement :)

      Delete